E. COLI DEADLY - EVEN IF NOT EATEN!
The Chicago Sun Times reported Monday on the tragic story of a 3 year old girl who died as a result of E. Coli poisoning – even though she had not ingested the tainted meat. The child, Brianna Kriefall, had eaten with her family at a Sizzler Restuarant in South Milwaukee, Wiconsin, sometime in 2000. Brianna didn’t eat any of the tainted meat, but her lawyers argued she became sick after eating watermelon that had been tainted by the meat. The little girl died just a week after being exposed. Brianna’s lawyers secured a $13.5 million dollar settlement from Sizzler’s meat supplier, as well as other defendants.