SECOND LAWSUIT AGAINST MILAN, ILLINOIS MCDONALD'S
There is now a second lawsuit on file against a Milan, Illinois McDonald’s, where several people were allegedly exposed to Hepatitis A. The most recent lawsuit was filed last week by the parents of a 16 year old boy who allegedly was at the restaurant on July 12 to return a job application. After doing so he apparently ate at the restaurant. He then became ill, had aches and pains, and was severely jaundiced. He was admitted to a local hospital and tested positive for Hepatitis A. Typically, Hepatitis A is caused by the ingestion of fecal matter. The disease is usually transmitted by close person to person contact, or ingestion of contaminated food matter.
A class action case is already on file against the restaurant on behalf of those members of the general public who may have been exposed.
The owner of the restuarant, Kevin Murphy released a statement last week indicating the Rock Island County Health Department has not confirmed the source of the outbreak, and that there may be several sources.